Tuesday 5 March 2013

This is my sample double page spread for the National Trust campaign to get children of the sofas and outdoors engaging with the natural world. I chose, 'Check out the Crazy Creatures in a Rock Pool' and aimed it at children from an older age range (9 - 11). The page could also be used for younger children to spot the creatures together with an adult/ older child, who could read the information to them.

I used photos from the internet as I felt that accuracy was important in a reference page. A hierarchy of texts was used to highlight the title and the names of the creatures and 3 different text colours used to link information on the pages. I also put important guide lines to safe rock pooling in a box to draw the reader to the rules and in order to keep the information separate from the rest. Two font styles were used but one could possibly be used in order to keep more of harmonious feel to the page.



No comments:

Post a Comment